Thurrock Diversity Network Limited is a member of Thurrock Coalition (The User-Led Organisation for Thurrock)
Thurrock Diversity Network Limited is now on Facebook!
Get the latest consultation, engagement and community updates from our Facebook page.
Join Us & Get Involved here: http://www.facebook.com/ThurrockDiversityNetwork
Thurrock Diversity Network Limited is a local Community Benefit Society registered under the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014.
We work alongside disabled adult residents of Thurrock, focussing upon equality, independent living & inclusive communities.
Thurrock Diversity Network Limited works to promote the physical, emotional, mental well-being of the community, especially those who participate in the activities of the Society, and shall support, foster and promote the principles and practice of common ownership and co-operation in its own affairs and in society generally.
Thurrock Diversity Network Limited campaigns through User-Led consultation and co-production initiatives to shape & influence local and national policies and strategies affecting disabled people of all impairment types.
We support and encourage disabled people’s active participation and full integration into society, with the following aims:
- benefit disabled adult residents of Thurrock by the promotion of citizenship and the development of inclusive communities;
- promote disabled people’s active participation in and full integration into society;
- encourage the provision of services which improve residents’ conditions of life, facilitate independent living and give them choice and control over service delivery;
- act as a co-ordinating body for and provide support to voluntary organisations in Thurrock that work with disabled people;
- promote the advancement of understanding of human rights, equality and diversity;
- work within and promote the Social Model of Disability.
Want to know more? Download our leaflet here